This policy refers to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’) who is alive and the information is not already of public record.
What is GDPR:
A guide to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office here.
Dehumidifier Rental is a trading name of Abberly Property Ltd. Hereafter we are referred to as Dehumidifier Rental. We supply plant & tool hire services to the trade, general public and businesses.
Legal Processing of Personal Data:
Dehumidifier Rental uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact, arrange work, and email you information which we believe may be of interest to you/your business. In you making initial contact you consent to Dehumidifier Rental maintaining a relevant marketing dialogue with you until you opt out, which you can do at any stage.
All data we hold is stored on secure servers within the EU or if outside the EEA by companies which have signed the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Dehumidifier Rental will sometimes share personal information with third parties only when contracted to process data on our behalf, in order to provide a service to you. We ensure all these suppliers are GDPR compliant.
Retention of Data:
Dehumidifier Rental currently holds hard copy invoicing data for seven years as required by HMRC. After that it is securely disposed of by an accredited shredding company. Computer data is cleared away once the client account has been dormant for two years. Should you wish for your data to be deleted before this period then please contact us via contact details at the bottom of this policy.
Privacy of Children:
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16 please do not submit any personal information through our website or service.
By agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Dehumidifier Rental processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent any time by emailing email@example.com with the subject heading GDPR, or by phoning 020 7760 7660, or writing to us.
Your Rights as a Data Subject:
At any point whilst Dehumidifier Rental is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Dehumidifier Rental refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
At your request Dehumidifier Rental can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Dehumidifier Rental) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- • If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Dehumidifier Rental and information about these interests.
- • The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- • Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- • How long the data will be stored.
- • Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- • Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- • How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- • Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- • The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- • Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Accessing Your Personal Data:
Dehumidifier Rental will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than 3 months. At least 2 of these ID would be required.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Dehumidifier Rental, you have the right to complain to Dehumidifier Rental’s managing director. If you do not get a satisfactory response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
Details of these contacts are:
Dehumidifier Rental, 19 Eastbourne Terrace, Paddington, London, W2 6LG. Tel: 020 7760 7660. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading of ‘GDPR’
ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF. Tel: 03031231113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/helpline/
This document was updated on 23-05-18