How do I know if I need a dehumidifier?
High humidity can have a huge impact on a living or work environment. The amount of moisture in the air can cause discomfort for those experiencing it and can significantly damage buildings and structures too.
You may need a dehumidifier in your home or commercial property if you see the following signs:
- Uncomfortable, Muggy Conditions. If in the summer months your home feels clammy or uncomfortable, it is a strong sign that there is too much moisture in the air.
- Mould spots. Mould and mildew spots usually appear on ceilings or in the corners of bathrooms or other warm environments.
- Musty Odors. Musty smells usually mean mould or mildew as a result of excess moisture.
- Condensation on windows. Vapour on the glass is usually caused by too much moisture in the room, especially when the room is warm.
- Water Stains. Wet stains on ceilings and walls usually suggest escaped water. Using a dehumidifier is advised to clear this up once the cause of the problem is solved.
- Uneven floorboards. Relative humidity that is too high can cause wooden flooring to become uneven due to shrinking when humidity is lower.
- Allergy Sufferers. Poor indoor air quality can lead impact those with allergies and can be tamed with a dehumidifier which can help to eliminate dust mites and remove allergens from the air.
Don’t Ignore the signs of excess moisture
Ignoring these tell-tale signs can cause damage to your home or workplace and to it’s wooden or material contents. Even worse than this, excess humidity or poor quality air in your home can cause health issues too.
If you experience any of these issues and want to find out if you need to run a dehumidifier then get in touch by phone or email. We’ll be able to recommend the ideal equipment for any areas of your home or commercial property.